We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, including encrypting your information to applicable industry standards.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Information we may hold about you
When you register to use our Website, purchase a product, enter a competition or promotion run by our company or contact us, personal data you provide, such as your name, date of birth, contact details (including social media accounts), log in and payment information, will be collected.
When you browse our Website, whether or not you are registered, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, we and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates (Third Party Advertisers), will collect user information such as your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website, how you arrived on our Website, where you visit after our Website, the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our Website, any products you have viewed, purchased, or put in your basket, and the browser (where applicable) and device you used to access our Website.
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
• to fulfil your order – we require your identification, contact and payment information to enable the relevant company to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information
• to tell you about similar products and services, or products and services that you ask us to send you information about, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
• to provide you with services you request from us;
• to register you on the Website (where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your marketing preferences);
• to administer our Website;
• to analyse, and improve, the use of our Website, and retail offering, including how you move around our Website,or retail stores;
• to measure and analyse our advertising;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website, and users of the services of our Third Party Advertisers about products or services that may interest you or them;
• to keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
• to keep our Website,and network safe and secure;
• to process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions); and
We process this data where you have given us consent to use it, where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
How long we keep your information
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose(s) for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We will retain the personal information you provided on registering an account on our Website so long as that account remains in existence.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services department, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for a short period after the query is closed.
How we might share your personal data
We may share your personal data with:
• Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers;
• Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
• Our Third Party Advertisers; and,
• Search engine and web analytics providers.
You can find out more information about the third parties with which we may share your information here.
In the event that we were to sell our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to any prospective/actual purchaser and/or their advisers.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the prevention or detection of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you, by accessing the customer preference centre or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
This policy explains what cookies are, how we use them and how you can switch them off.
What are Cookies and other tracking technologies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your internet browsing device (e.g computer, tablet or phone) when you visit one of our websites, use our app or see one of our adverts elsewhere on the internet. Cookies don’t store personal details such as your credit card details, your name or your date of birth. They play an important role in helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our websites and your experience using them. Some cookies are also essential to enable you to move around our Website and use its features. Other tracking technologies, like web beacons, clear GIFs, page tags and web bugs, are used to understand how people are using our services and to target advertising.